- Diversity & Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- Student Recognition
- 2020 Celebratory Event
- CS Colloquium
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Explore CS Research
- Research Night Fall 2020
This section explains the procedures that current Cornell students should follow to obtain CS transfer credit approval for courses taken at other accredited schools. For information about transferring to Cornell please visit University Admissions.
To apply for Computer Science Transfer Credit
1. Completely fill out appropriate sections of the Transfer Credit Form supplied by your college.
- Arts students pick up a copy of "Application for Credit from Other Institutions" from KG17 Klarman Hall
- Engineering students pick up a copy of "College of Engineering Transfer Credit Application" from 180 Rhodes Hall or print the online form on this website.
- Agriculture and Life Sciences students should follow the instructions on the CALS page regarding Non-Cornell Credit Policies.
2. Print and complete the online form "Background Information for Students Requesting Computer Science Approval for Transfer Credit from Other Institutions". (Please note that students planning to major or minor in CS must take qualifying courses at Cornell, as post-matriculation transfer credit is not accepted beyond credit for CS 11xx.)
2. Obtain a complete course description (include syllabus if course description doesn't have much detail) from the school from where you would like to take (or have taken) the course you want to transfer.
3. Bring completed forms and course description to the CS Course Coordinator, 104 Gates Hall.
4. Your request will be reviewed, and you will receive a notification by email.
5. Pick up your reviewed forms from the Undergraduate Office. If your request has been approved you must bring your completed paperwork to either:
- Arts, KG17 Klarman Hall, or
- Engineering, 180 Rhodes Hall
Note: In order for transfer credit to appear on your Cornell transcript, you must 1) submit your approved transfer credit application to your college registrar's office, and 2) have a transcript from the other institution sent to your college registrar's office.