- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- Student Recognition
- 2020 Celebratory Event
- CS Colloquium
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Explore CS Research
- Research Night
Recognition Events for Computer Science Graduates
Class of 2022 CS Undergraduate and Graduate Recognition Ceremony and Reception
For all undergraduate and graduate students graduating December 2021, May 2022, and August 2022, the Department of Computer Science will hold a recognition ceremony and reception to honor our graduates on Friday, May 27, 2022 in Barton Hall.
- Date: Friday, May 27, 2022, Barton Hall
- Ceremony: 5-8 p.m. (doors open at 4 p.m.)
- Reception: 8-9 p.m.
- CS Ph.D., M.S., M. Eng, B.A., and B.S. degrees will be recognized at this event.
CS M.S. and Ph.D. Brunch (by invitation only)
A Graduate Brunch for M.S., Ph.D.s, and Faculty will be held Friday, May 27, 2022 from 10 a.m. until noon. Location to be announced by invitation.
- None required: This is a non-ticketed event.
- There is no limit to the number of guests that students can bring to the event, but there will be an online RSVP (for students only) opening in April to get an accurate head count for the event. The RSVP will be emailed to our graduating students.
- Students should wear their academic regalia to the CS Recognition Ceremony.
- Students will line up on the Garden Avenue-side of Barton Hall (inside) where they will find their name card and line up by college for undergraduate (Arts & Sciences or Engineering), for the processional. The processional will not be in alphabetical order, hence the name card.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file in mid to late June.
- A reception with food and refreshments will follow the ceremony. Guests should plan to have something light to eat before the ceremony.
- A professional photographer will take pictures as each graduate/award recipient is congratulated on stage and afterwards. Therefore, we ask all guests to remain in their seats during the ceremony. The images will later be made available free of charge to graduates and guests.
- Each year, the department hires a professional photographer to capture memorable moments throughout the ceremony. Once received from the photographer, these photos are then shared free of charge with all of our students via Computer Science’s listservs and/or compiled and made available on services like Google Photos, to be downloaded and shared as desired.
- Parking is available in the Hoy Road Garage, adjacent to the Baseball field and in close proximity to Gates Hall and Barton Hall. For your reference, a campus map is available.
- Please note that guests with reduced mobility and/or limited stamina should enter Barton Hall directly by arriving on the Garden Avenue (east) side of Barton Hall—directly across from Teagle Hall. Guests may be dropped off on Garden Avenue prior to parking in the nearby garage. You can access a campus map.
- More information about accessibility accommodations for the University Commencement ceremony on Saturday including parking details.
- A link to the live streaming video of the CIS Ceremony via web-broadcast will be added when we have it, just a day or so before the event.
Additional information is available at the university's commencement webpage.