- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- CS Colloquium
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contests 2023
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Explore CS Research
- Research Night
Exam Scheduling Guidelines
You are responsible for submitting your schedule form WITH approvals 7 days prior to the exam. The Graduate school is VERY STRICT with this DEADLINE. If it’s a weekend, plan accordingly. If you do not make this deadline you will need to reschedule the exam for a later date!
Exams be be given either in-person or remotely. Students giving exams in-person must provide a zoom link in the exam announcement so that anyone unable to attend in person may do so remotely.
Form for Scheduling your MS Exam:
- MS Exam Form (Online)**
M Exam Results:
*On the day of your scheduled exam, you will receive an email from the Graduate School instructing you to intiate the results submission process immediately after your exam takes place. A direct link to the online results submission form is included in the email. Once signed and submitted by you, the results form is sent automatically first to your chair for official recording of your results, then to your committee members for review and confirmation that the results reflect the consensus of the special committee. The form will then go to the Director of Graduate Studies to indicate the graduate field accepts the results of the exam. Once the electronic review and approval process concludes, the completed form is routed to Becky Stewart to review and acknowledge. Once this step is completed the form will be automatically routed to the Graduate School.
I need a Proxy:
- Proxy form if you need another faculty member to sit in for one of your committee members because they are unable to attend your exam remotely. Email approvals from your committee members are fine to submit with the form. You do not need official signatures.
- You will also need to submit a General Petition. Email approvals from your committee members are fine to submit with the form. You do not need official signatures.
Please bring all forms to Melody Padgett, 525 Rhodes Hall. The CS Graduate Office will submit these forms to the Graduate School.
**Notifications and tracking of the online forms:
- Students receive email notifications of each approval (GFA, committee members) and receive a final notification when all members of the committee and the DGS have approved informing them that the schedule form has been submitted to the Graduate School for processing.
- Students and GFAs can track the approval process by following the Click here to login to Dynamic Forms. link provided in the email notifications sent once each has signed and submitted the form.
- Both the student and GFA receive an email from the Graduate School when the schedule form has been processed and approved.
- Students are responsible for ensuring committee approval and sign off so please encourage them to track the progress if it appears to be stalled.