- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- CS Colloquium
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contests 2023
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Explore CS Research
- Research Night
MEng Lab and Computing Resources
Restrictions due to the COVID-19 Pandemic are currently being followed. Please see rules on Piazza CS M.Eng Page.
CS MEng Lab – Rhodes Hall Rooms 153 and 163
- Located on Ground Floor of Rhodes Hall
- Access to the lab is reserved for CS M.Eng students and IS MPS students.
- There are two entrances to the lab – both with card access.
- Your ID card will get you in, just hold it up to the reader.
- There are currently about 10 machines set up in Rhodes 163 for your use.
- All CS MEng and IS MPS students are welcome to use all the space and resources in the lab.
- Displays are available for collaborative work in Rhodes 153
- you may have to provide your own adapter to connect with these
- A printer is avaiable for your use in Rhodes 153.
- access is through Net Print which is, for those of you who do not know, a pay to print system.
- Additional paper is usually available in the cabinet below the printer. If there is no paper, please contact me. Paper is replenished every Friday.
- You can find information on how to set up your Net-Print account as well as how to connect to the Net-Print printer you want to use here: Net-Print Info
- The printer is also used by the IS MPS students.
- If there are problems with the printer a Helpdesk Ticket should be submitted through the Helpdesk Ticketing System
- The CS MEng office will supply a stapler and staples and whiteboard markers for use in the lab.
- Do not remove staplers and staples from the printing area.
- Please notify me when they are running low or out.
- Please only use white board (dry-erase) markers on the ample whiteboard space throughout the lab, break-out rooms,
- and lounge area.
- Because this is a shared space, there should be no expectation of saving whiteboard writing
- Please do not write on desk or tabletops, walls furniture, etc.
- Please do not eat in the area around the computers. You are welcome to eat in the lounge area.
- Please clean up after yourselves and use the trash and recycling bins.
- Enjoy, but don’t destroy! Clean up after yourselves and be considerate of your peers.
- There is a locker area with lockers for you to use should you want to.
- In order to prevent the usual end-of-semester issue of locks being left on lockers and needing to be cut off, we are supplying locks to anyone who wants one.
- You will come to the CS MEng Office (110D Gates or 104 Gates) to sign out a lock. When you graduate you will return the lock, (we’ll set up an easy way to do so.)
- Do not use your own lock.
- You are not required to get a lock or use a locker.
- I will have a list of combinations, so if you forget, I can help you out.
- The lockers are also shared with the IS MPS students and use is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You should have a reasonable expectation of privacy for your locker…we will not open them unless we have a strong reason to do so, (including the stench of rotting food!)
A plumbed-in Keurig coffee maker is available for your use, however, you are responsible for the daily care of this machine
Instructions for the use and care of the Keurig are posted above the counter.
Please make sure to empty the over-flow reservoir and K-cup receptacle to ensure proper operation of the machine
There is a sink, dish soap, sponge, and cleaning wipes, so there is no excuse for dirty dishes, messy counters etc.
CS and IS graciously supplies coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cups, creamers, sweeteners, etc.
- We hope that no one takes advantage of this generosity to remove the items from the kitchen for personal use.