- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- CS Colloquium
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
Applications for the Master of Engineering Program in Computer Science are accepted for both the fall and spring terms. All application materials must be received by
- October 1st ( for Spring admissions - January start )
- February 1st ( for Fall admissions - August start )
*We do not process applications received after the above deadlines. If you have extenuating circumstances which prevent you from applying on time and would like to request approval for submitting your application late, please contact email@example.com. Our decision to approve or disapprove a late submission will depend on how far past the deadline you wish to submit your application, the reason for the late submission and whether we have completed our application review.
All application material must be submitted through our online application system. No exceptions will be made.
Click HERE to establish an on line application account for the CS MEng program at Cornell Ithaca.
The application requires:
- Two letters of recommendation. Recent graduates and current students should provide at least one recommendation from an instructor, professor or other academic contact. (Current Cornell Computer Science students need only one LOR.) It is also acceptable to provide LORs from intern/employment supervisors, team leads and managers. Letters should be submitted only through the on line application system. Please do not check the "letter will be mailed" box in the application.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Identify areas of computer science that are of particular interest and explain why.
- Explain why you are interested in the CS MEng Program at Cornell University.
- Review what makes you qualified for our program.
- Discuss how the CS MEng program will help you meet your future goals.
- Official Transcripts of all college-level work. Scan each transcript and upload into the online application system or upload digital versions. It is very important that the transcript is legible and oriented correctly.
- If your institution provides secure digital copies of your transcript, chances are they will not be legible once uploaded to your application. Please make sure your transcripts are able to be shared as an upload prior to submitting your application.
- Make sure to wait to upload your transcript until all semesters prior to application semester are documented. You will want the admissions committee to see the most recent documentation of grades.
- Prior to matriculation, you will be asked to have an official paper version of each transcript sent to the Graduate School records office.
- International students please visit the Grad School application information webpage for additional information on transcript requirements.
- IMPORTANT: TRANSCRIPTS SHOULD NOT BE MAILED TO THE CS DEPARTMENT
- GRE All applicants (except current Cornell undergraduates) are required to take the GRE general test and have scores sent directly to Cornell University Graduate School (institution code 2098, Department code 0402.) More information on taking the GRE's can be found at http://www.ets.org.
TEST OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
- TOEFL All International students who earned their degrees from institutions in a country where English is not the official language are required to take the TOEFL.
- The Graduate School mandates that applicants meet the following minimum scores in order to be considered for admission: Writing (>=20), Listening (>=15), Reading (>=20), and Speaking (>=22).
- CS MEng requires that applicants meet the above section minimums but also have a minimum overall score of no less than 100.
- Scores should be sent directly by the testing service to Cornell University Graduate School (institution code 2098) Department code is not required. Additional information on TOEFL requirements are provided by the Graduate School
- OR IELTS is now being accepted as a test of English Language Proficiency. An overall band score of a 7/0 or higher is required on the IELTS. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to send your scores.
Additional information about your application:
- Please do not send/provide any materials which are not required for your application. Any additional documents will not be considered during review, unless prior permission has been granted.
- Extraneous materials are not considered during the review of applications. Please contact us if you have concerns.
- No hard copies of application materials submitted on line are required. Do not send a printed copy of your application.
- No application materials should be mailed. All materials should be submitted through the application system.
Questions about the required application materials? e-mail email@example.com