Cornell University STEM Graduate Programs Preview Day is a faculty and graduate student-led initiative aimed at increasing access to graduate education for historically underrepresented students from backgrounds, including students who identify as Black, Indigenous, Hispanic, Latina/o/x, and other People of Color, LGBTQ+, first-generation college students, students with disabilities, and those who have faced obstacles on their path to graduate education.
The virtual event will be held Saturday, November 6th, 2021 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm (Eastern Time).
Please RVSP here. All who attend will received an application fee waiver.
1:00 - 1:10 pm — Welcome and Introduction
1:10 - 1:50 pm — Graduate Education Overview
1:50 - 2:00 pm — Break
2:00 - 3:00 pm — Graduate Student Life and Diversity & Inclusion — Panel Discussion with Current Students
3:00 - 4:00 pm — Discipline-specific Breakout Rooms
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Astronomy and Space Sciences
- Atmospheric and Geological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Information Science
- Materials Science and Engineering Mathematics
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Operations Research & Information Engineering
- Theoretical and Applied Mechanics