- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- CS Colloquium
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
- Pre-Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
Recognition Events for Computer Science Graduates
Class of 2020 CS Undergraduate and Graduate Recognition Ceremony and Reception
For all undergraduate and graduate students graduating December 2019, May 2020, or August 2020, the Department of Computer Science will hold a recognition ceremony and reception to honor our graduates on Friday, May 22, 2020 in Barton Hall.
- Date: Friday, May 22, 2020, Barton Hall
- Ceremony: 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (doors open at 4:00 pm)
- Reception: 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- CS Ph.D., M.S., M. Eng, B.A., and B.S. degrees will be recognized at this event.
CS M.S. and Ph.D. Brunch (by invitation only)
- A Graduate Brunch for M.S., Ph.D.s, and Faculty will be held Friday, May 22, 2020 from 10:00 am until 12:00 (noon). Location to be announced by invitation.
Schedule for Recognition Ceremony on Friday, May 22, 2020:
- 4:00 pm: Doors open for seating at Barton Hall (entry via the Garden Avenue side of the building)
- 4:00-4:30 pm: Graduates should arrive (east side of building—on Garden Avenue, facing Comstock Hall and Teagle Hall), pick up name card, and line up for procession into stage area
- 4:50 pm: Guests should be seated and all Graduates should be in line and ready to process into the ceremony/stage area
- 5:00 pm: Procession/Ceremony begins
- 8:00 pm: Ceremony ends
- 8:00 pm: Reception for guests begins in Barton Hall (east side of building)
- 8:00-8:15 pm: Students remain seated for group photo
- None required: This is a non-ticketed event.
- There is no limit to the number of guests that students can bring to the event, but there will be an online RSVP (for students only) opening in April to get an accurate head count for the event.
- Students should wear their academic regalia to the CS Recognition Ceremony.
- If you are a December 2019 undergradute and a May 2020 M.Eng graduate, you should wear M.Eng regalia. You can also wear any undergraduate cords etc.
- Students will line up on the Garden Avenue-side of Barton Hall (inside) where they will find their name card and line up by college for undergraduate (Arts & Sciences or Engineering), or by graduate Degree (M.Eng/MS or PhD) for the processional.
- Students will not process in alphabetical order, but by degree.
- Students being recognized for both undergrad and M.Eng or MS should process with the degree group for their May degree.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file in mid to late June.
- A reception will follow the ceremony.
- A professional photographer will take pictures as each graduate/award recipient is congratulated on stage. Therefore, we ask all guests to remain in their seats during the ceremony. The images will later be made available free of charge to graduates and guests.
- Each year, the department hires a professional photographer to capture memorable moments throughout the ceremony. Once received from the photographer, these photos are then shared free of charge with all of our students via Computer Science’s listservs and/or compiled and made available on services like Google Photos, to be downloaded and shared as desired.
- Parking is available in the Hoy Road Garage, adjacent to the Baseball field and in close proximity to Gates Hall and Barton Hall. For your reference, a campus map is available.
- Please note that guests with reduced mobility and/or limited stamina should enter Barton Hall directly by arriving on the Garden Avenue (east) side of Barton Hall—directly across from Teagle Hall. Guests may be dropped off on Garden Avenue prior to parking in the nearby garage. You can access a campus map.
- More information about accessibility accommodations for the University Commencement ceremony on Sunday, including parking details.
- A link to the live streaming video of the CIS Ceremony via web-broadcast will be added when we have it.
Cornell University Convocation and Commencement Events
Saturday, May 23, 2020, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Senior Convocation
Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, University Commencement Ceremony
For more information on the Cornell University Convocation and Commencement Ceremonies, visit the Commencement website.
Photographs from the 2019 recognition ceremonies are available free of charge. We invite you to download any images you wish as the link will expire at some point.