- Research News
- Contact Us
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Annual Reports
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- CS Colloquium
- CU Tech Colloquium
- BOOM 2017
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- 50th Anniversary Symposium
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
- SJTU International Workshop
- Seminars & Lectures
This section explains the procedures that current Cornell students should follow to obtain CS transfer credit approval for courses taken at other accredited schools. For information about transferring to Cornell please visit University Admissions.
To apply for Computer Science Transfer Credit
1. Completely fill out appropriate sections of the Transfer Credit Form supplied by your college.
- Arts students pick up a copy of "Application for Credit from Other Institutions" from KG17 Klarman Hall
- Engineering students pick up a copy of "College of Engineering Transfer Credit Application" from 167 Olin Hall or print the online form on this website.
- Agriculture and Life Sciences students should follow the instructions on the CALS page regarding Non-Cornell Credit Policies.
2. Print and complete the online form "Background Information for Students Requesting Computer Science Approval for Transfer Credit from Other Institutions"
2. Obtain a complete course description (include syllabus if course description doesn't have much detail) from the school from where you would like to take (or have taken) the course you want to transfer.
3. Bring completed forms and course description to the CS Undergraduate Office, 110 Gates Hall.
4. Your request will be reviewed, and you will receive a notification by email.
5. Pick up your reviewed forms from the Undergraduate Office. If your request has been approved you must bring your completed paperwork to either:
- Arts, KG17 Klarman Hall, or
- Engineering, 167 Olin
Note: In order for transfer credit to appear on your Cornell transcript, you must 1) submit your approved transfer credit application to your college registrar's office, and 2) have a transcript from the other institution sent to your college registrar's office.