- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- CS Colloquium
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Explore CS Research
- Research Night
EARLY M.ENG CREDIT OPTION
The Early M.Eng Credit option allows a student to count credits taken in the final semester of their undergrad career towards an M.Eng. degree. Depending on the number of credits needed to finish the undergrad degree requirements, many students taking advantage of this option are able to complete their M.Eng. degree in one additional semester registered as an M.Eng student.
- Students must apply to have their "un-used" courses pre-approved to count towards their future M.Eng degree requirements.
- Any M.Eng. credit eligible courses taken which are not applied to the bachelor's degree and that are pre-approved, can be counted towards M.Eng. degree requirements.
- Students may not take advantage of this option if they have more than eight or less than one credit remaining to complete their undergraduate degree requirements.
- Apply using the Early M.Eng Credit form
- The form needs to be signed by your undergraduate major coordinator/advisor confirming that no more than eight credits are required to fulfill all remaining degree requirements.
- Students should submit this form before the start of their final undergraduate semester. (Tip: submitting around pre-enrollment time is optimal since you will essentially know what you are taking in the final semester of your undergraduate career.)
- Once a student has submitted the petition it will be reviewed and if approved, an Early MEng. credit agreement signed.
Pre-approval of these courses does not guarantee admission into the M.Eng program.
Pre-approval of these courses does not obligate the student to apply for the CS M.Eng. Program.
Pre-approval of these courses counts for the CS MEng. degree only. If you wish to apply to another field, you should speak to their MEng. Office regarding their procedure for Early MEng.
Pre-approval is for the Ithaca campus CS M.Eng only. Cornell Tech does not accept Early M.Eng credits.
- The full application for the CS M.Eng Program will need to be submitted for the semester immediately following the final undergraduate semester - (i.e. If you will be completing your undergrad degree in May, apply for the following fall semester.)
- The full application is available online.
- Applications should be submitted by the application deadline (October 1 for spring admissions / February 1 for fall admissions.)
- You do not need to submit the full application at the same time as your Early MEng credit approval request.
To qualify for the M.Eng. Early Admit Program a student must:
- Be a Cornell student in their final semester of undergraduate study.
- Have at least one (1) but no more than eight (8) credits remaining in their final undergraduate semester to complete all undergraduate degree requirements.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or better. Please note that this is a minimum requirement to apply; most admitted applicants have a GPA substantially higher.
- The early admission option is for Cornell undergraduates only. Other applicants should click here for more information on the Cornell CS MEng. program.
Early M.Eng Credit Forms should be filled out by the student, sent to their undergraduate major coordinator/advisor for a signature confirming that no more than 8 credits remain to complete all undergraduate degree requirements.
Ask that the form, once signed, send it to the CS M.Eng Office - Admissions
The deadline for requesting approval for Early M.Eng Credit for fall 2022 was August 1, 2022 in order to ensure access to enroll in M.Eng level CS courses for fall 2022. *we recommend submitting this form around fall 2022 pre-enrollment in April 2022 when you are planning your final semester.
The deadline for requesting approval for Early M.Eng Credit for spring 2023 is December 31, 2022. In order to ensure access to enroll in M.Eng level CS courses for fall 2022 your approval must be complete before course enroll opens in January. *We recommend submitting this form around spring 2023 pre-enrollment in October when you are planning your final semester.
Click here to get the form: Early M.Eng Credit
For questions please contact the Computer Science Master of Engineering Program