- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- Cornell Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- Student Recognition
- 2020 Celebratory Event
- CS Colloquium
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
- CSMore: The Rising Sophomore Summer Program in Computer Science
- Explore CS Research
- Research Night
For spring and fall 2021:
Early M.Eng Credit Forms should be filled out by the student, sent to their undergraduate major coordinator/advisor for a signature confirming that no more than 8 credits remain to complete all undergraduate degree requirements.
Ask that the form, once signed, be sent via e-mail to the CS M.Eng Office
Deadline for requesting approval for Early M.Eng Credit for spring 2021 is February 1, 2021
Deadline for requesting approval for Early M.Eng Credit for fall 2021 is August 1, 2021
Click here to get form: Early M.Eng Credit
Cornell undergraduates may take advantage of the Early Admit option.
The Early Admit option allows a student to count credits taken in the final semester of their undergrad career towards an M.Eng. degree. Students taking advantage of this option are usually able to complete their M.Eng. degree requirements with only one additional semester registered as an M.Eng student.
- Students must apply to have their extra course credits count towards their future M.Eng degree requirements.
- Any M.Eng. credit eligible courses taken which are not applied to the bachelor's degree and are pre-approved, can be counted towards M.Eng. degree requirements.
- Students may not take advantage of this option if they have more than eight or less than one credit remaining to complete their undergraduate degree requirements.
- Students should complete the Early Admission petition and submit it to the CS M.Eng Office (110 D Gates Hall)
- Click for the petition. (or grab one from CS Student Services Suite 110 Gates)
The form needs to be signed by the undergraduate major coordinator/advisor confirming that no more than eight credits are required to fulfill all remaining degree requirements.
- Students should submit this form before the start of their final undergraduate semester. (Tip: submitting around pre-enrollment time is optimal since you will essentially know what you are taking the final semester of your undergraduate career.)
- Once a student has submitted the petition it will be reviewed and the courses will be approved for M.Eng. credit and a Pre-M.Eng. Credit Agreement must be signed.
- The student must then complete and submit a full application for the CS M.Eng Program for the semester immediately following their final undergraduate semester - (i.e. If you will be completing your undergrad degree in May, apply for the following fall semester.)
- The application is available online.
- Applications should be submitted by the application deadline (October 1 for spring admissions / February 1 for fall admissions.)
- You do not need to submit the full application at the same time as your Pre-MEng credit approval request.
- Pre-approval of these courses does not guarantee admission into the M.Eng program.
- Pre-approval of these courses does not obligate the student to apply for the CS M.Eng. Program.
- Pre-approval of these courses count for the CS M.Eng. degree only. If you wish to apply to another field, you should speak to their M.Eng. Office regarding their procedure for Early Admission.
- Pre-approval is for the Ithaca campus CS M.Eng only. Cornell Tech does not accept Early M.Eng credits.
- For more information, stop by the CS M.Eng Office in Gates Hall 110D during regular business hours.
To qualify for the M.Eng. Early Admit Program a student must:
- Have at least one but no more than eight credits remaining their final undergraduate semester to complete all undergraduate degree requirements.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or better. Please note that this is a minimum requirement to apply; most admitted applicants have a GPA substantially higher.
Please note that the early admission option is for Cornell undergraduates only. Other applicants should look here for more information on the Cornell CS M.Eng. program.