I'm extremely interested in languages. The purpose of my research is to build a bridge between languages and computer science.
Currently I'm working on Computer-Assisted Language Learning and Educational Technology.
I'm also interested in NLP, ML and IR.
My advisor is Professor Erik Andersen.
I’m also happy to work with Professor Dexter Kozen and Professor John Whitman (Minor in Linguistics).
- September 2010 - July 2014 B.S., Computer Science, Peking University.
- August 2014 - present Ph.D. student, Computer Science, Cornell University.
- Shuhan Wang, Fang He and Erik Andersen. A Unified Framework for Knowledge Assessment and Progression Analysis and Design. In The ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), 2017. [pdf]
- Shuhan Wang and Erik Andersen. Grammatical Templates: Improving Text Difficulty Evaluation for Language Learners. In The 26th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), 2016. [pdf][poster]
- Shuhan Wang and Zhihong Deng. Semantic inversion in xml keyword search with general conditional random fields. In The 14th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering (WISE), 2013.
- August 2013 - May 2014 System Engineer Intern, Yahoo!, Beijing
- May 2015 - August 2015 Software Engineering Intern, Google, Mountain View.
- Starting 2017, I’m planning to learn Spanish or Korean.
- Currently I'm learning German. I'm learning online and currently at B2 level.
- My favorite language is Japanese. I passed N1 of JLPT in December 2012.
- I respect English. It is relatively easy, but actually very hard for me.
- There is a Chinese word '敬畏' which best describes my attitude towards my mother language.
- My interest in languages is derived from my interest in cultural geography.
- I'm proud to be a Hoteler.
- My favorite city in China is Hefei.
- You can always call me Sona Tithew instead. While I don't have any other names, and probably will not.