The crudest curriculum vitae crows and flaps its wings in a style
peculiar to the undersigner.
I doubt whether you can even give your telephone
number without giving something of yourself.
–Nabokov, Nikolai Gogol
Professor (having previously assisted and associated), Department of Computer Science,
A.B. Cornell 1993, math and computer
science; Ph.D. Harvard 1997, computer science.
Professional recognition and activities
- Current: It's summer!
Both fall and spring: NLP
seminar, AI seminar
- Selected past courses:
- Computation, information,
and intelligence (CS 1700, aka 172, S07)
- Natural language processing and social interaction (CS6742 F13)
- Advanced language technologies, with more emphasis than other runnings
language modeling, CFGs and TAGS, less on other applications: F07 (a
generally quite strong set of
student-authored lecture guides with problems),
- Introduction to computing using Python, (CS1110, SP14), co-taught with Steve Marschner
- Some even older courses of potential interest: Natural language processing
Statistical natural language processing: Models and methods (CS775
Contact and availability info
4152 Upson Hall 419 Gates Hall!, email , phone 607-255-8119
Mailing address is Cornell University, Department
Science, 419 Gates Hall,
Ithaca, NY 14853
Street address is 107 Hoy Road
Administrative assistant: Maria Witlox, Gates 437, 5-3313,
office hours (i.e., no appointment necessary): check this Google calendar link about where and when; re-check 12 hours in
advance for changes.
- To make an appointment for a time other than my drop-in office hours, send me
that includes several options for time slots during business hours.
- Customized BibTeX bibliography format file for Sente (handles @inproceedings entries correctly if you define an In Proceedings format type, and other entry types): llee-BibTeX-v1.0.bibstyle (Feb 6 2012).