The crudest curriculum vitae crows and flaps its wings in a style
peculiar to the undersigner.
I doubt whether you can even give your telephone
number without giving something of yourself.
–Nabokov, Nikolai Gogol
Professor (having previously assisted and associated), Department of Computer Science and Department of Information Science.
A.B. Cornell 1993, math and computer
science; Ph.D. Harvard 1997, computer science.
- Groups: my students
- Papers: includes links to associated talk
slides, data, etc.
- Other talk slides
Interested in doing undergrad research? end me an email that includes a complete transcript (unofficial is fine). Prerequisites are some background in machine learning and to have programming experience at least at the level of CS3110. (No undergraduate research positions available summer 2016.)
Professional recognition and activities
- Both fall and spring: NLP
seminar (access via netid login for enrolled students), AI seminar
- Selected past courses:
- Natural language processing and social interaction (CS6742 F15 w/ Cristian Danescu-Niculescu-Mizil)
- Advanced language technologies (CS6740): F07 (a
generally quite strong set of
student-authored lecture guides with problems),
- Machine learning and data science w/Karthik Sridharan (CS5786, S15)
- Introduction to computing using Python, (CS1110, SP16 w/ Charlie Van Loan; SP14 w/ Steve Marschner)
- Computation, information,
and intelligence (CS 1700, aka 172, S07)
Contact and availability info
Actual coordinates: 419 Gates Hall, email address [click here to get it], phone 607-255-8119
Mailing address is Cornell University, Department
Science, 419 Gates Hall,
Ithaca, NY 14853
Street address is 107 Hoy Road
Administrative assistant: Megan Gatch, Gates 401, 5-3313,
Office hours: none during the summer
- Customized BibTeX bibliography format file for Sente (handles @inproceedings entries correctly if you define an In Proceedings format type, and other entry types): llee-BibTeX-v1.0.bibstyle (Feb 6 2012).