The crudest curriculum vitae crows and flaps its wings in a style
peculiar to the undersigner.
I doubt whether you can even give your telephone
number without giving something of yourself.
–Nabokov, Nikolai Gogol
Professor (having previously assisted and associated), Department of Computer Science and Department of Information Science.
A.B. Cornell 1993, math and computer
science; Ph.D. Harvard 1997, computer science.
Note to prospective PhD applicants, 2014-2015 application season
Professional recognition and activities
- Fall 2014: CS 6742: Natural language processing and social interaction
Spring 2015: CS4786, machine learning and data science, co-taught with Karthik Sridharan
Both fall and spring: NLP
seminar, AI seminar
- Selected past courses:
- Computation, information,
and intelligence (CS 1700, aka 172, S07)
- Natural language processing and social interaction (CS6742 F13)
- Advanced language technologies (CS6740): F07 (a
generally quite strong set of
student-authored lecture guides with problems),
- Introduction to computing using Python, (CS1110, SP14), co-taught with Steve Marschner
- Some even older courses of potential interest: Natural language processing
Statistical natural language processing: Models and methods (CS775
Contact and availability info
Actual coordinates: 419 Gates Hall, email address [click here to get it], phone 607-255-8119
Mailing address is Cornell University, Department
Science, 419 Gates Hall,
Ithaca, NY 14853
Street address is 107 Hoy Road
Administrative assistant: Megan Gatch, Gates 437, 5-3313,
To make an appointment, click here . (I'm still holding regular office hours, but by appointment rather than drop-in so that everyone gets the individual time they're expecting.)
- Customized BibTeX bibliography format file for Sente (handles @inproceedings entries correctly if you define an In Proceedings format type, and other entry types): llee-BibTeX-v1.0.bibstyle (Feb 6 2012).