CS5430: System Security
Overview and Organization.
- Lecture times, teaching staff, office hours, prerequisites, assignments
and grading policy.
- High-level listing of topics to be covered along with recommended
- [4/8] Phase V Presentation Dates.
A sign-up sheet will be available on CMS(!) as
assignment "Project Phase V Demo Slots".
Presentations slots are available 5/1 (Wednesday) evening and
5/2 (Thursday) during the day and evening.
- [3/20] Phase IV Presentation Dates.
A sign-up sheet will be posted March 27 after class.
Presentations-slots are available 4/2 (Tuesday) though 4/4 (Thursday).
- [3/6] Correction to Homwork 2 has been posted.
Replace "on-line guesing" by "off-line guessing".
- [3/1] Homework 2 is posted.
Due dates for this assignment and subsequent assignments are
changed from what was previously announced.
- [2/17] Notes on-line for MLS, RBAC, etc.
On-line notes have finally(!)
been posted for mandatory access control.
- [2/10] Applied Cryptography Notes.
Here are some on-line
notes for the applied cryptography
lecture given on 2/8.
- [2/3] New Due Date for Phase 2.
The due date for phase 2 is delayed to 11:59pm 2/10.
- [2/3] Phase 1 is graded.
Phase 1 grades will be posted on CMS before class on 2/4.
A comment sheet is also being sent to each group by CMS.
Each group received a grade of A- (3.7) or B+ (3.3),
depending on the quality of the write-up
For some projects, the comment sheet states that
the proposed project has "REQUIRED CHANGES" or that
it is "NOT AMBITIOUS ENOUGH". Changes we suggest
are given in the comment sheet.
You must decide on some changes and submit a new
write-up to the Revised Project Phase 1 assignment
(Due date: 11:59pm, 2/10).
But any group is welcome to submit a revised phase 1 by
the due date, if you have thoughts about changes to the
- [1/25] Slides from lecture.
You can now download the slides
from class on Friday Jan 25.
- [1/21] Project Reading.
Read Project General Description
(and all that it links) prior to lecture, Wed 1/23.
- [1/21] TA office hours.
TA office hours will begin January 28.
Times and places are now listed in
Course Overview and Organization.
- Homework 1 (on crypto).
Assigned 2/6; due 2/17 at 11:59pm.
- Homework 2 (on authentication of people).
Assigned 3/01; due 3/12 at 11:59pm.
- Homework 3 (on DAC)
Assigned 3/25; due 4/2 at 11:59pm.
- Homework 4 (on MAC)
Assigned 4/8; due 4/21 at 11:59pm.
- Homework 5 (on information flow)
Assigned 4/24; due 5/5 at 11:59pm.