324 Gates Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
I'm a third-year (as of Spring 2016) PhD student in the Computer Science field. I am grateful to be advised by Joseph Halpern. Before coming to Cornell, I obtained a BA in Computer Science and an MMath (Part III) from the University of Cambridge.
My primary research interests lie at the intersection of logic, classical AI and program security as well as game theory. I maintain a working interest in other areas of mathematics and computer science theory, such as algorithm design and category theory.
- Sarah Tan, Matvey Soloviev, Giles Hooker, Martin T. Wells. Tree Space Prototypes: Another Look at Making Tree Ensembles Interpretable. arXiv:1611.07115 [stat.ML]. Accepted to ACM-IMS FODS 2020.
- Seunghee Han, Matvey Soloviev and Yuwen Wang. The Impact of Tribalism on Social Welfare. arXiv:1907.06862 [cs.GT]. In SAGT 2019.
[ Talk slides ]
- Dexter Kozen and Matvey Soloviev. Coalgebraic Tools for Randomness-Conserving Protocols. arXiv:1807.02735 [cs.LO]. In RAMiCS 2018.
[ Talk slides ]
- Matvey Soloviev, Joseph Y. Halpern. Information Acquisition Under Resource Limitations in a Noisy Environment. In AAAI 2018. [ Full paper ]
- Yuka Kihara, Matvey Soloviev, Tsuhan Chen. In the Shadows, Shape Priors Shine: Using Occlusion to Improve Multi-Region Segmentation. arXiv:1606.04590 [cs.CV]. In CVPR 2016. [ Open-access paper ]
- Aleks Kissinger and Alex Merry and Matvey Soloviev. Pattern Graph Rewrite Systems. arXiv:1204.6695 [math.CT]. In EPTCS 143.5 for DCM 2012.
I maintain a number of open-source projects on my Github account. The following are of particular note: