CS 4410 covers systems programming and introductory operating system design and implementation. We will cover the basics of operating systems, namely structure, concurrency, scheduling, synchronization, memory management, filesystems, security and networking.
Prerequisites: CS 4410 is open to any undergraduate who has mastered the material in CS3410/ECE3140. Students enrolled in 4410 can also choose to take CS 4411 and complete the practicum project.
- 99% of all matters can be handled on Piazza:
- 4410 Piazza
- 4411 Piazza
- Private messages on Piazza should be visible to all instructors and staff. Do not create private piazza messages visible by only a subset of the course staff.
- For time sensitive matters, please email cs4410-staff.
- For sensitive matters, please email cs4410-prof or -- when possible -- come to instructor office hours.
- Please do not contact any course staff or instructors via their email addresses, facebook, texting, etc. for matters concerning this course.
- Exam times have been set by the university:
- Prelim 1 is March 15 @ 7:30 pm in Olin 155 and 165.
- Prelim 2 is April 26 @ 7:30 pm in Olin 155 and 165.
- Check Piazza when the exam time nears to find out which room you have been assigned to.
- Alternate Prelim times are at 5:15pm on the same
day in Olin 155. You do not need to email us to take the alternate exam
time. However, you may not leave the alternate exam early for
- The Final Exam is May 22 @ 2:00 pm.
- Bring your student ID to all of your exams. We will be taking attendance by having you swipe it through a card reader upon arrival.
- We will drop the lowest of your 3 exam scores. If you cannot attend an exam for any reason, this is the score we will drop.
- If you require exam accommodations, please contact Jenna Edwards (jls478 in 401 Gates Hall). Be sure to tell her which course you are enrolled in and attach the necessary documentation of the accommodation. We are happy to meet the needs of our students in this matter.