CS 4410 covers principles in operating system design
and implementation. The course schedule revolves around three
- Concurrency --- Processes and threads, synchronization, scheduling and deadlock;
- Memory management --- Memory allocation, address translation, virtual memory and paging;
- Networking, storage and security
CS 4411 is a project course, and allows
students to dive deeper into operating system design
and implementation via hands on assignments.
Course Expectations: By the end of CS4410/11, the students should know fundamental
principles underlying modern operating systems. Students enrolled in CS4411 should also expect to know their way around operating systems code.
Please see our FAQ for course prerequisites, enrollment, etc.
- 08/23: Please read Course Overview and FAQ sections.
- 08/23: Welcome to the Fall 2016 edition of CS4410/11!
Acknowledgments: This website was adapted from the one used at UW, and is based on Xin's course website template.