Jayson Paul Salkey
- Cornell University
(Department of Computer Science)
- 350 Gates Hall
- Ithaca, NY, 14853
- Telephone: +1-954-610-7621
- Email: For work/research related email, use salk [at] cs [dot] cornell [dot] edu
- I am a first year PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University.
- My research interests revolve around Bayesian non-parametric modelling.
Specifically, I am interested in Kernel methods and Gaussian processes. Other
interests involve disentangled representations, reinforcement learning, and connections to Neuroscience.
- Before coming to Cornell, I completed my MSc in Computational Statistics and Machine
Learning at University College London,
where I completed a thesis on intrinsically motivated curriculum learning via
deep reinforcement learning supervised by
Dr. John Shawe-Taylor. Previously, I completed my BSc in Computer Engineering at the
University of Florida, where I studied applications of data science for healthcare
with Dr. Daisy Zhe Wang.
In the past, I've also had internships within the Computational Social Sciences group
at Microsoft Research, the Grand Challenge group at Amazon, and
the Tactical Defense Systems group at MIT Lincoln Laboratory .
- I also enjoy jazz
as well as some of its derivatives.