- Since 8/2012
- Research Fellow, School of Information, University of Michigan
- Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Information Science, Cornell University
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, U.S.A.
PhD in Information Science, Thesis Title: "A Methodology for Studying Field Differences in Scientific Communication - Explaining Openness and Sharing in Two Scientific Communities in the Chemical and Physical Sciences"
- Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, Golm, Germany
Diploma Thesis "Dynamics of Pressure-Free Matter in General Relativity" (online [ps.gz])
University College Dublin, Ireland
- University of Bielefeld, Germany
Diploma Studies in Physics
- Executive Director, Heinz Nixdorf Center for Information Management in the Max Planck Society, Garching, Germany
- Managing Editor, Living Reviews in relativity, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute), Golm, Germany
- 1998, 1994
- Freelance, Internship, Science television program Quarks & Co, Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR), Cologne, Germany