304 Upson Hall
Department of Computer Science
Ithaca NY 14853
S. M. Nazrul Alam
· S. M. Nazrul Alam and Zygmunt J. Haas, “Hierarchical and Nonhierarchical Three-Dimensional Underwater Sensor Networks”, in preparation.
· S. M. Nazrul Alam and Zygmunt J. Haas. "Topology Control of Three-Dimensional Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks", Book Chapter, Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks, Edited by Yang Xiao, published by Auerbach Publications, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Chapter 3, pp. 45-70, May, 2010.
· S. M. Nazrul Alam and Zygmunt J. Haas, “Coverage and Connectivity in Three-Dimensional Underwater Sensor Networks”, Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing (WCMC) Journal, Volume 8 Issue 8, pages 995-1009, October, 2008.
· S. M. Nazrul Alam and Zygmunt J. Haas, “Coverage and Connectivity in Three-Dimensional Networks”, In Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom’06), September 23-29, 2006, Los Angeles, CA, USA. (Acceptance rate 35/298=11.7%)
· Yong Yao, S. M. Nazrul Alam, Johannes Gehrke, Sergio D. Servetto, “Network Scheduling for Data Archiving Applications in Sensor Networks”, The 3rd International Workshop on Data Management for Sensor Networks (DMSN 2006), held in conjunction with VLDB 2006, September 11, 2006, Seoul, Korea.
· S. M. Nazrul Alam and Peter Marbach, “Competition and Request Routing Policies in Content Delivery Networks”, CORR cs.NI/0608082, 2006.
Update: My Ph.D. Commencement video. Soon I am going to start working for a start-up. This webpage will no longer be updated.
I am a Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of Computer Science at Cornell University. I obtained my MS in Computer Science from the University of Toronto in 2004 and my BS in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2002. I also received a Master degree from Cornell University. I was awarded University Gold Medal and Sharfuddin Gold Medal from BUET for obtaining the highest CGPA in the entire university and in my department, respectively. My research interest is in the area of 3-D networks, wireless networks and underwater sensor networks. I am also interested in quantitative finance and I have finished my Ph.D. minor in Finance.