I am a Ph.D. student working with the Computer Vision Lab at the Department of Computer Science, at Cornell University. My advisor is Professor Serge Belongie, and my research is focused on Image Geo-Localization and Image Matching.
Initially, I had joined UCSD as a Masters student in 2010 and after receiving my M.Sc. degree in 2012, I was accepted in the Ph.D. program for the following year. In 2014, I moved with Prof. Serge Belongie to New York City, where I am currently at Cornell Tech.
Prior to my graduate study, I worked at King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology at the Space Research Institute as a researcher. My work their focused on developing an automated planning system for the SaudiSat-3 remote sensing satellite.
I received my B.Sc. degree in Computer Science from King Saud University in 2009.
- July 2016: Paper accepted at BMVC 2016.
- March 2016: Paper accepted at CVPR 2016.
- December 2015: Passed A-Exam.
- November 2015: Paper submitted to CVPR 2016.
- September 2015: Visiting EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland for the Fall Semester.
- July 2015: Released npy4th to load NumPy saved files into Torch7
- April 2015: Submitted paper to ICCV 2015.
- August 2014: Moved to NYC at Cornell Tech, with Prof. Serge Belongie.
- April 2014: Accepted admission offer from Cornell University.
- March 2014: WACV 2014 Video Demo Online here
- March 2014: Attended WACV 2014 at Steamboat Springs, Colorado, and presented an oral and a poster for "Recognizing Locations with Google Glass: A Case Study"
- March 2014: Visited Cornell & Cornell NYC Tech
- January 2014: Paper accepted to WACV 2014.
- December 2013: Submitted paper to WACV 2014.
- September 2013: Attended BMVC 2013 at Bristol, United Kingdom, and presented a poster for "Ultra-wide Baseline Aerial Imagery Matching in Urban Environments".
- July 2013: Paper accepted to BMVC 2013.
- January 2013: Attended WACV 2013 at Clearwater Beach, Florida, and presented an oral and a poster for "Relative Ranking of Facial Attractiveness"
- October 2012: Paper accepted to WACV 2013.
- August 2012: Paper submitted to WACV 2013.
- H. Altwaijry, A. Veit, and S. Belongie "Learning to Detect and Match Keypoints with Deep Architectures". British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), York, United Kingdom, September 2016. [pdf]
- H. Altwaijry, E. Trulls, J. Hays, P. Fua, and S. Belongie "Learning to Match Aerial Images with Deep Attentive Architectures". IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Las Vegas, Nevada, June 2016. [pdf]
- H. Altwaijry, M. Moghimi, and S. Belongie "Recognizing Locations with Google Glass: A Case Study". IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Steamboat Springs, Colorado, March 2014. [pdf]
- H. Altwaijry, S. Belongie. "Ultra-wide Baseline Aerial Imagery Matching in Urban Environments". British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), Bristol, United Kingdom, September 2013.
- H. Altwaijry, S. Belongie. "Relative Ranking of Facial Attractiveness". IEEE Workshop on the Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Clearwater Beach, Florida, January 2013.
- H. Altwaijry, H. Alfaleh, A. Azmi. Method and system for automatically planning and scheduling a remote sensing satellite mission. US Patent App. 12/846,016, 2010.