xlitprog: Literate Programming in XML
This isn't documented yet... but here are the appropriate files.
This is known to work in saxon and xalan, but should also work
in any XSL1.1-conformant XSLT engine.
Get it all, including this document (6kb)
To unpack it, do "jar -xvf xlitprogb1.jar" in a new directory somwhere
on your system.
A Quick How-to:
- Start with input.xml. It's an example input file, intended to be eventually
woven with weave-docbook.xsl. This file contains sample program code and documentation.
- Run it through xsd/tangle.xsl
to tangle the output (produce the source code for the program it documents),
- run it through xsd/weave.xsl to pre-weave it.
- Finally, run the output of
the pre-weave through weave-docbook.xsl, and you should get something that
looks like output.xml.
- That file can then be run through Norm's stylesheets
(download "docbook-xsl" from http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook)
to produce docbook output in any supported format you like (html, xhtml, javahelp, fop->pdf, etc..)