Department of Computer Science,
Ithaca, NY 14853
Office: 5148 Upson Hall
Computer graphics and vision
Received bachelor degree in Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering (資訊工程學系), National Taiwan University (國立台灣大學). Graduated with First Prize and overall GPA is 4.0. Main focus in undergraduate study is in Computer Networking, including ad-hoc networks, P2P networks, and streaming applications. Also interested in Computer Graphics and Vision. Currently study as a PhD student in Cornell University.
Education and Employment
- 2009~ now, PhD, CS, Cornell University
- 2008~2009, Assistant of Workstation Laboratory in Department of CSIE, NTU
- 2006~2007, Obligated Military Service
- 2002~2006, B.S., CSIE, NTU
- Member of the Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society of R.O.C., June 2006
Awarded to graduating students with academic performance in the top 1% of each college
- Presidential Award, National Taiwan University, Fall 2002~Fall 2005 (7 times)
Awarded to students with academic performance in the top 5% of their class
- 3rd Outstanding Teens of Computer Science Award, First Prize in high school group, 2001
Awarded to high school students excelled in various computer skills, such as programming, webpage building, or server administration
- High School Programming Contest in Taipei, First Prize, 2000
A local programming contest for high school students in Taipei
5148 Upson Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Current Research Projects
Estimating Dual-scale Properties of Glossy Surfaces from Step-edge Lighting [www
Previous Research Projects
Wireless Video Phone on PDA
Build a video phone system on PDAs with Windows Mobile 5.0 platform. Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) are used, and video data is coded by MPEG-2 or H.263. Various program libraries are ported to the platform.
- Photography: My Flickr. I currently use a Nikon D70s DSLR, which is rather old; however it's both cheap and capable, and great for practicing photography. I used to be using Picasa as my web album, but the pictures in Flickr are definitely sharper so I changed my mind. Lots of my photos are still living in Picasa. Older photos which are taken by film SLR are placed in Pixnet.
- I ride a '03 Honda VTR250 in Taiwan, a 250cc street bike. Such bike is rare in Taiwan because most bikes there are cheap and handy 125cc scooters. In other words, it's a cool bike in Taiwan. Nevertheless, I'm not very good in riding; instead I have spent much time in studying its mechanical structure and doing maintenance and repairing by myself. Some records of this bike can be found in my blog (in Traditional Chinese).
Designed and built by Chun-Po Wang