New algorithms for diagnosing line failures in a smart grid.
- FLiER: Practical Topology Error Correction Using Sparse PMUs (with Colin Ponce, submitted to IEEE TPS)
Optimizing parallel code is hard -- so automate as much as possible.
- Fast Iterative Graph Computation with Block Updates (with Wenlei Xie, Guozhang Wang, Al Demers, and Johannes Gehrke, in Proceedings of VLDB, Vol 6, No 14)
- Making time-stepped applications tick in the cloud. (with Tao Zou, Guozhang Wang, Marcos Vaz Salles, Al Demers, Johannes Gehrke, and Walker White, SOCC 2011)
Moving toward pain-free fast direct sparse solvers for 3D PDEs.
Generalizing classic eigenvalue localization results (e.g. Gershgorin).
- Localization results for nonlinear eigenvalue problems (with Amanda Hood, submitted to SIMAX)
- Nonlinear Gershgorin talk at SIAM AN 13
Applications of Parallel Computers (CS 5220)
Overview of high performance scientific computing. Basics of modern parallel machine design, parallel programming patterns, and applications. Programming projects will likely inspire creative cursing, mostly due to the frustrations of parallel profiling and debugging.
SCAN Seminar (CS/MATH 7290)
Ongoing. M 1:25-2:15, Gates 406.
The Scientific Computing and Numerics seminar series focuses on various methods in scientific computing, the analysis of convergence properties and computational efficiency, and their adaptation to specific applications.