- Research News
- Department Life
- Oral History of Cornell CS
- Department Timeline
- Annual Reports
- Job Postings
- Ithaca Info
- Internal info
- Graduation Information
- CS Colloquium
- CU Tech Colloquium
- Student Colloquium
- SoNIC Workshop
- Conway-Walker Lecture Series
- Salton Lecture Series
- Seminars / Lectures
- Big Red Hacks
- 50th Anniversary Symposium
- Cornell University High School Programming Contest
- Game Design Initiative
Class of 2019 CS Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony and Reception
For students graduating in December 2018, May 2019, or August 2019, the Department of Computer Science will hold a CS ceremony and reception to honor our graduates during the May Commencement weekend (May 24-26). Graduates and their guests are invited to attend the CS ceremony and reception, which will be held on Friday, May 24, 2019 in Barton Hall. There are no tickets required for this event. Detailed information, including a link to RSVP, will be sent to graduates during the spring semester.
Friday, May 24, 2019
Location: Barton Hall
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm (doors open at 5:30 pm)
B.A. and B.S. Degrees will be recognized at this event (Ph.D., Masters, and M.Eng. degrees will be recognized in a separate event on Saturday, May 25th from 1:30 – 4pm)
Schedule for graduation ceremony on Friday, May 24, 2019
- 5:30 pm Doors open for seating at Barton Hall (west side of building)
- 5:30 – 6 pm: graduates should arrive (east side of building), pick up name card, line up for procession into stage area
- 6:20 pm Guests should be seated and all students should be on line and ready to process into ceremony/stage area
- 6:30 pm Procession/Ceremony begins
- ~7:45 pm Ceremony ends/Graduate Recessional
- ~7:55 pm Graduates gather at stage area for group photo
- 8 pm Reception begins in Barton Hall (east side of building)
- None required: This is a non-ticketed event.
- There is no limit to the number of guests that students can bring to the event, but there will be an online RSVP (for students only) opening in April to get an accurate head count for the event.
- Guests should be seated, at the latest, by 6:15 pm. The Procession/Ceremony will begin at 6:30 pm
- Duration of the ceremony is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Guests will remain seated until graduates have recessed from the ceremony area.
- A professional group photo of the undergraduate class will be taken in the stage area of Barton Hall immediately following the recessional.
- All guests are invited to the dessert reception in the east side of Barton Hall following the conclusion of the CS Graduation Ceremony.
- Students should wear their academic regalia to the CS Graduation Ceremony. Students that earned their undergraduate degree in December and will be earning their MEng degree in May are welcome to wear their MEng regalia to the undergraduate ceremony.
- Students will line up on the Teagle-side of Barton Hall (inside) where they will find their name card and line up, by college (Arts & Sciences or Engineering), for the processional. The processional will not be in alphabetical order, hence the name card.
- Students' diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file in mid to late June.
- A dessert reception will follow the ceremony. Guests should plan to have a light meal before the ceremony. Post-ceremony dinner reservations should take into account that the ceremony should end between 7:45 and 8pm.
- Guests must remain in their seats during the Ceremony; a professional photographer will be taking pictures as each graduate/award recipient is congratulated on stage.
- Guests should reserve, in advance, accommodations and restaurant reservations.
- Parking is available in the Hoy Road Garage, adjacent to the Baseball field and in close proximity to Gates Hall and Barton Hall. A campus map can be found here.
- Please note that guests with reduced mobility and/or limited stamina should arrive on the Garden Ave. (east) side of Barton Hall (directly across from Teagle Hall) and enter via the Garden Ave. entrance. Guests may be dropped off at the east side of Barton before heading to the parking garage. A campus map can be found here.
Cornell University Convocation and Commencement Events
Saturday, May 25, 12:30PM - 1:30PM, Senior Convocation @Schoellkopf Stadium
Sunday, May 26, 10AM - 12PM, University Commencement Ceremony @Schoellkopf Stadium
For more information on the Cornell University Convocation and Commencement Ceremonies, visit the May Commencement Weekend Website.