You will need to order from your favorite vendor (for example, the Campus Store) the following books:
- Paul Dourish. Where the Action Is: The Foundations of Embodied Interaction. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2001.
- Anthony Dunne and Fiona Raby. Design Noir: The Secret Life of Electronic Objects. Basel, Switzerland: August / Birkhaeuser, 2001.
- William Gaver, Ben Hooker, and Anthony Dunne. The Presence Project. London: Royal College of Art, 2001.
- Malcolm McCullough. Digital Ground: Architecture, Pervasive Computing, and Environmental Knowing. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2004.
- Nato Thompson and Gregory Sholette, eds. The Interventionists: Users' Manual for the Creative Disruption of Everyday Life. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2004.
All other readings will be made available in class or on-line. Please note that many of the readings that are available on-line are only available if you access the links from within Cornell networks.