- Organizations like Recordings
For the Blind (RFB) have been engaged in producing such ``talking books''
-an extremely laborious and time-consuming process.
- To most people, markup/ means an increase in
the price of an article. Here, ``markup'' is a term from the publishing and
printing business, where it means the instructions for the typesetter,
written on a typescript or manuscript copy by an editor. Typesetting
systems like La)TeX have these commands embedded in the electronic
source. A markup language/ is a set of means (constructs) to express
how text (i.e.,that which is not markup) should be processed, or handled in
- An audio recording of the
author's PhD thesis produced by AsTeR is the first
computer-generated talking book to be produced by RFB.
- This hypertext document presents a collection of math
examples rendered in audio by AsTeR and in Postscript by LaTeX/DVIPS.
- PostScript is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems
- PDF, Portable Document Format, is a
registered trademark of Adobe Systems.
does not provide this operator, and it will have to be defined as a macro.
We describe how AsTeR is extended to handle such macros
- Aster is my guide-dog.
- The bark is that of a generic dog, Aster is too
well trained to bark, and could not therefore be recorded.
- Url: Hot Link
Fri Mar 10 08:30:23 EST 1995