Next: Professional Activities
- Reasoning under uncertainty, AFOSR, 1991--1994,
- Qualitative approaches to reasoning about uncertainty,
NSF, 1995--1998, $215,829
- A qualitative framework for reasoning under uncertainty,
NSF, 1996--2000, $320,000
- Updating beliefs in incompletely specified situations,
AFOSR, 1996--1997, $137,288
- Predictive, sensor-assisted wireless multimedia systems,
NSF, 1997-2000, $862,645 (co-PI with Terrence Fine and Stephen Wicker,
Cornell, School of Electrical Engineering)
- Semantic Consistency in Information Exchange, MURI
(administered by ONR), $433,962 (amount of Cornell subcontract);
co-PI with Sampath Kannan, Insup Lee, John Mitchell, Andre Scedrov,
and Ronitt Rubinfeld.
- Resource-bounded knowledge and security, ONR, 2000-2002,
- Decision-making in complex systems, NSF, 2000-2002,
- Reasoning about Noninterference, ONR, 2001, $87,000.
- Software Quality and Infrastructure Protection for Diffuse
Computing, MURI (administered by ONR), 2001-2005 $4,850,875 (Cornell
subcontract: $526,058); co-PI
with Joan Feigenbaum, John Mitchell, Andre Scedrov, and Jon Smith.
- Formulating and Reasoning About Security Policies,
AFOSR, 2002-2004, $322,788
- A Logical Foundation for Reasoning About Security,
ONR, 2002-2005, $354,763.
- Towards Improved Logics for Reasoning about Security,
NSF, 2002-2005, $300,000.
- Networks of Strategic Agents: Theory and Algorithms, NSF ITR
co-PI with Eric Friedman, Dan Huttenlocher, Jon Kleinberg, Eva Tardos,
- Trustworthy Infrastructure, Mechanisms, and Experimentation
for Diffuse Computing, MURI (administered by ONR), 2004-05,
Cornell subcontract: $189,000, co-PI with
Joan Feigenbaum, Pat Lincoln, John Mitchell, Andre Scedrov, Vitaly
Shmatikov, and Steve Zdancewic.
- Reasoning About Authorization and Security, AFOSR, 2005-07,
- Taking Awareness, Language, and Novelty into
Account in Decision-Making and Game Theory, NSF, 2006-2009
- Playing Games and Making Decisions with Complex State Spaces,
Resource-Bound Agents, and Unforeseen Contingencies, AFOSR, 2008-2010.
- Robust Game Theory and Decision Theory with Resource-Bounded
Agents, NSF, 2008-2011, $393,150.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Proofs of Security Properties,
AFOSR, 2009-2012, $448,183..
- Learning in the Presence of Unawareness, ARO,
- Causal Databases, NSF (PI with Christoph Koch, with co-PIs
Johannes Gehrke and Dan Suciu) $1,764,846, Sept. 1, 2009 - Aug. 31 - 2014.
- Science of Cyber Security, MURI, AFOSR (co-PI with
John Mitchell, Anupam Datta, Andrew Myers,
Andrei Scedrov, Fred Schneider, David Wagner, Jeannette Wing),
$2,500,000 (Cornell share), Nov., 2011 - Nov. 2106.
- Computation, Language, and Awareness in Games,
NSF (PI with Rafael Pass), $900,000, Aug. 1., 2012 - July 31, 2016.
- Learning, Awareness, Optimism, and Confidence, ARO, $375,000,
December, 2013 - December, 2016.
- Limited Learning, Rational Inattention, and Unawareness in
Games and Decision Problems, ARO, 7/2016-–4/2017
- Center for Human-Compatible AI, Open Philanthropy,
$943,500, 7/6/2016--6/30/2021 (Cornell co-PI: Bart Selman; PI:
- Computation, Language, and Games,
NSF, $1,176,580, 6/15/2017--5/31/2021 (co-PI: Rafael Pass)
- Towards a Formal Theory of Blameworthiness, Intention, and
Moral Responsibility, NSF, $426,998, 8/1/2017--7/31/2020.
- Combining and Abstracting Causal Models, ARO,
Last updated, February, 2019 - Joe Halpern