E. Unrefereed Publications
Next: F. Patents
Previous: D. Papers in Conference Proceedings
On the expressive power of dynamic logic, II, MIT/LCS/TM-204,
An efficient algorithm for fault-tolerant clock
synchronization, IBM RJ 4094, 1983
(with B. Simons and H. R. Strong).
On the power of the hypothesis of expressiveness,
IBM RJ 4079, 1983 (with S. M. German).
- Reasoning about knowledge: an overview,
Theoretical Aspects of
Reasoning About Knowledge: Proceedings of the 1986 Conference,
Morgan Kaufmann, 1986, pp. 1-17; reprinted in Proceedings of the
National Computer Conference, 1986, pp. 219-228.
- Let many flowers bloom: a response to ``An inquiry into
computer understanding'', Computational
Intelligence 6, 1990, pp. 184-188.
Knowledge and probability in distributed systems (Abstract),
TAPSOFT '91, Proceedings of the
International Joint Conference on Theory and Practice
of Software Development (S. Abramsky and T. S. E. Maibaum, eds.),
Volume 2, 1991, pp. 50-54.
- Generating degrees of belief from statistical information: an
overview, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on
Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical
Computer Science, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 761, Springer,
1993, pp. 318-325 (with F. Bacchus, A. J. Grove, and D. Koller).
- A response to ``Believing on the basis of evidence'',
Computational Intelligence 10:1, 1994, pp. 21-25
(with F. Bacchus, A. J. Grove, and D. Koller).
- Using multi-agent
systems to represent uncertainty,
Summary of invited talk,
AAAI-96 (Proceedings of the Thirteenth National Conference
on Artificial Intelligence), 1996, pp. 1329-1330,
- Editorial: On
becoming editor-in-chief of JACM, Journal of the ACM,
44:3, 1997, pp. 363-366.
- Reasoning about knowledge: a response by the authors, Minds
and Machines 7, 1997, p. 113 (with R. Fagin, Y. Moses, and M. Y.
- Time to publication: a progress report, Journal
of the ACM 45:3, 1998, pp. 379-380.
- A computing research repository, D-Lib Magazine, November,
- Plausibility measures and default reasoning: an overview
(invited talk), Proceedings of the 14th IEEE Symposium
on Logic in Computer Science, 1999, pp. 130-135 (with
- On the adequacy of modal logic,
Electronic News Journal on
Reasoning about Action and Change 3,
- Editorial: taking
stock, Journal of the ACM 46:3, 1999, pp. 323-324.
- CoRR: A computing research
repository (with commentary), ACM
Journal of Computer Documentation 24:2, 2000, pp. 41-48. The
commentaries appear on pp. 49-71; my reply to the commeantries is on
- Review of ``Probability and Conditionals: Belief Revision and
Rational Decisions'', Philosophical Review 109:2,
2000, pp. 277-281.
- Editorial: A Bill of
Rights and Responsibilities, Journal
of the ACM 47:5, 2000, pp. 823-825.
- The unusual effectiveness of logic
in computer science,
Bulletin of Symbolic Logic 7:2, pp. 213-236, 2001, pp. 213-236
(with R. Harper, N. Immerman, P. G. Kolaitis, M. Y. Vardi, and V. Vianu).
- Plausibility measures: a general approach for representing
uncertainty, Proceedings of
the 17th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
(IJCAI 2001), 2001, pp. 1474-1483.
- Editorial: Becoming
the preferred publisher, Journal
of the ACM 48:4, 2001, pp. 605-607.
- Update: Time to Publication Statistics, Journal
of the ACM 49:6, 2002, p. 715.
JACM's 50th Anniversary, Journal
of the ACM 50:1, 2003, pp.3 -7.
- From statistical knowledge bases
to degrees of belief: an
overview, Proceedings of the 25th ACM Conference on Principles of
Database Systems, 2006, pp. 110-113.
- Causality, responsibility, and
blame: a structural-model approach,
Proceedings of the Third International Conference on the Quantative
Evaluation of Systems, 2006, pp. 3-6.
- Beyond Nash equilibrium:
Solution concepts for the 21st century,
Proceedings of the Twenty-Seventh
Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing, 2008,
reprinted in Proceedings of the Eleventh International
Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR 2008),
2008, pp. 219-228.
- Solution to Exchanges 8.1 puzzle: Identifying the champion,
(with S. Airiau and U. Endriss), SIGECOM Exchanges 8.2, 2009,
- Awareness in games, awareness in logic, Proceedings of
LPAR-17 Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6397, Springer,
2010, p. 15.
- Distributed computing meets game
theory: combining insights from
two fields, ACM Sigact News 42:2, 2011, pp. 69-76
(with I. Abraham and L. Alvisi).
- Algorithmic rationality: Adding cost of
computation to game theory, SIGECOM Exchanges 10.2, 2011,
(with R. Pass).
- Dexter Kozen: An appreciation,
Kozen Festschrift, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 7230,
Springer, 2012, pp. 324--325.
- Language-based games (invited paper),
Proceedings of the 23rd
International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2013),
2013, pp. 2967--2971(with A. Bjorndahl and
- From qualitative to
quantitative proofs of security properties using first-order conditional
logic (invited talk), Proceedings of
the 28th IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, 2008,