- JavaHyperText and Data Structures. This is an attempt to produce a website that (1) has everything for teaching Java to people who know another programming language and has a lot of information (more will be added) on data structures. Besides conventional webpages and pdf files, it have over 50 short videos/tutorials. All are free to use it, but if you will use it in a course, an email about it to email@example.com would be appreciated.
- Multimedia Introduction to Programming Using Java. Springer
Verlag, NY, 2004, 536 pages (with P. Gries).
ProgramLive Companion. John Wiley
& Sons, NY, 2001. 350 pages. (with P.Gries and P. Hall).
DataDescription, Ithaca, NY, 2000. (with P. Gries). [Ann intro to programming,
using Java. It is a livetext: a CD that contains over 250 recorded lectures
with synched animation, drag-and-drop exercises, etc.]
- Programming Concepts and Methods,
PROCOMET '98 (ed.). Chapman and Hall, London, 1998. (with W.-P.
Logical Approach to Discrete Math. Springer Verlag, NY, 1993, 500
pages (with F.B. Schneider).
Manual for "A Logical Approach to Discrete Math". D. Gries
and F.B. Schneider, Ithaca, 1993. 311 pages (with F.B. Schneider).
- Beauty is our Business.
Editor. Springer Verlag, New York, 1990, 453 pages. (with W.H.J. Feijen,
A.J.M. van Gasteren, and J. Misra).
- The Science of Programming.
Springer Verlag, New York, 1981, 350 pages. (Translated into Russian
- Programming Methodology:
a Collection of Articles by Members of IFIP WG2.3. Editor. Springer
Verlag, New York, 1979, 437 pages.
- An Introduction to Programming
--a structured approach. Winthrop, Cambridge, Edition 3, 1978,
509 pages. (with R. Conway).
- The following books are extensive revisions to
suit different needs:
for Digital Computers. John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1971, 491
pages. (Translated into Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Italian and Russian.)
- A Primer on Structured
Programming, Using PL/I, PL/C and PL/C7. 1976, 397 pages. (with
- Primer on Structured
Programming using Pascal. 1976, 433 pages. (with R. Conway
and E.C. Zimmerman).
- An Introduction to
Structured Programming using SP/K. 1977. (with R. Conway and
- Introduction to Microprocessor
Programming using PL/Z. 1979, 593 pages. (with R. Conway, M.
Fay, and C. Bass).