CS6742 Fall : Assignment 1.R
Reflection on A1
Important updates will be posted to Piazza.
Goal: Encourage positive and forward-looking reflection on your A1 experience — both working on your project and listening to your classmates' presentations.
- 8pm Tuesday Sept. 13 for the preliminary step
- 5pm Thursday Sept 15 for the main tasks.
Preliminary step: By 8pm on Tuesday September 13th, each team should post their slides, and, if comfortable doing so, your report or other writeup, as a new post on Piazza. Make your post a "Note", not a "Question". Make your "Note" title informative/recognizable, and include all team members' names in the Note.
Main tasks. From now on, this is an individual assignment (consider your teams for A1 to be disbanded). That is why there will be no grouping on CMS for A1.R.
You may interpret these questions in an open-ended fashion.
- Post your responses to the following as a single followup to the relevant post ("Note") by another team. You are only required to complete this followup for one team, but following up on multiple projects will be looked on quite favorably by the instructor and, presumably, the other teams.
- What did you find most interesting in that team's project? For instance, what was a cool, or unexpected, or well-done research finding; or, what was a cool, or unexpected, or well-done technique, experimental setup or framing, or other "practical" aspect?
- What would you like to find out more about from that project's team?
- Imagine that you were added to the other team now. What would you suggest should be the next experiment for your new team to try?
- Post your responses as a followup to your own team's proposal on Piazza, and mark your followup "resolved". (Remember, each team member does this separately from their other teammates.)
- What lesson(s) would you like to pass on from your A1 experience?
- What are you most proud of?
- What did you spend the most time on?
- If you'd like to add anything that you only want the instructor to read, include those comments in the corresponding CMS page for this assignment.
- Fill out the questions on CMS for the corresponding assignment.