2. Consider the database of an investment firm Invy. Analysts employed by Invy use the
database to guide the investments of companies and individuals. The Invy database
contains records for the following companies:
- Bank of America
* Oil companies:
Invy uses a Brewer-Nash policy in which the banks are one COI and the oil companies
are another COI.
Anthony is a new analyst at Invy. He is assigned to counsel Citibank on its
investments. He logs in and begins to familiarize himself by reading from the
database records pertaining to Citibank.
* After doing so, what companies can Anthony read from according to the Brewer-Nash
* What companies can Anthony write to according to the Brewer-Nash security
* In the same session, Anthony also reads some records pertaining to BP. Now what
companies can he read and write?
* What is the minimum number of analysts Invy must employ, assuming that the
database contains only those companies listed above, and that every company is
assigned to at least one analyst?