Computer Science 2802, Spring 2020: Homework
All assignments are taken from the course text,
for Computer Science, version of June 5, 2017.
- Homework 1: handed out Jan. 22; due Jan. 27 (not Jan. 26, as
it said earlier!). Homework will always be due on Monday
- I don't usually hand out homework the first day of classes,
but this short homework should start getting you into the swing
of the course. Note that it's due on Gradescope before
the beginning of class on Jan. 26 (next Monday). See
course policies and general
information for information about Gradescope.
- Read Chapters 1 and 3 (I'll assume that you know Chapter
3, and won't really cover it).
- Do the following problems:
- 1.3 (c), (a) [There's a reason I'm asking you to do (c) before (a)!],
- 1.4(a) [There are actually two problems with the proof here. One
is in how the proof is written, and the other is a more technical
bug. You should point out both problems.]
- Homework 2: handed out Jan. 27;
due Feb. 3
- Homework 3: handed out Feb. 3;
due Feb. 10
- Homework 4: handed out Feb. 10;
due Feb. 17
- Homework 5: handed out Feb. 17;
due Mar. 2
- Here are two practice prelims from CS2800 and its precursor, CS280
- Homework 6: handed out March 3;
due April 6
- Homework 7: handed out April 6;
due April 13
- Homework 8: handed out April 13;
due April 21
- Here is a practice
prelim from CS2800 (I think it was 2018, but I'm not completely sure of the year).
We have not yet covered the last 3 questions, and I suspect that
we wont get to variance, which is discussed in question 7.)
That said, the homework is probably a better guide to the prelim
than this prelim.
- Here are the solutions to the prelim.
- Homework 9: handed out April 27;
due May 4
- Homework 10: handed out May 4;
due May 12 (note that you get until 5 PM on May 12, but you can't
hand it in late.
- Here is a practice finals from CS2800:
But, as I said, if you prepare for the final, I would also encourage you
to look at the solutions for all the homework.