CS1112 --> Exams
Exam Conflicts and Medical Accommodation:
- What if you have a known university-excused conflict,
like an exam scheduled at the same time? (Plane tickets for
Spring/Summer/Fall/Thanksgiving/December Breaks do not count.)
Try rescheduling the event conflicting with the CS1112 exam:
If you have exhausted other means for rescheduling your conflict,
you must contact
Randy Hess (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your
conflict information (conflicting course number and instructor name) two weeks before a prelim and four weeks before the final exam.
For a prelim, you might be eligible to take an early prelim offering at 5:45-7:15 pm.
For the final exam, an alternative exam later than the regular exam
will be scheduled. The time of the alternative final exam will be determined by the
last day of classes. Please email your entire final exam schedule to Randy Hess so
that we can determine the time of the alternative final exam.
Remember: We will allow only university-excused students who follow course
policies to take an alternative-time exam.
- Many courses already offer alternative test times.
- If the conflicting exam is not officially scheduled (as posted on
the University evening exam list),
then the CS1112 exam takes precedence.
- If you require special accommodation that is allowed by the university,
you must present the official documentation to the instructor at least
two weeks before the exam.
- If you cannot take an exam due to an illness, email the instructor as
soon as possible to make an alternative arrangement.
- Exams will be returned during lecture or section. Unclaimed prelims go to the
ACCEL (computing facility) Green Room in Carpenter Hall and can be picked up from the
CS1112 consultant during consulting hours.
If you feel that the graders have incorrectly graded an
exam, you must:
- Go to ACCEL Green Room (formerly Engineering Library, 2nd floor) in Carpenter Hall during
- Fill out a regrade request form and
clearly specify the error.
- Attach the exam to the form.
- Submit the regrade request to a consultant in the reading room and wait while
the consultant logs in your request. Do not simply leave your request on the
- Please note the CS1112 policies:
- We photocopy a random number of exams after grading. Anyone who submits a
modified exam or assignment for regrade will receive a letter grade of F
for the course.
- You must submit your request within one week after we return your graded work.
- We regrade the entire submission from scratch, so your grade may go up or down.
- Regrades will be accepted for one week after the papers were returned in
You can retrieve the regraded material from the consultant in
Carpenter one week after the regrade request deadline.
We do not hand back final exams. You can review your final exam by visiting
the homework return room in 305 Upson next semester from week 3 to week 6. The
hours are MTWF 12:00pm - 4:00pm and R 12:30 - 4pm. You must review the
exam in 305 Upson and return it to the office staff before leaving. If you have a
regrade request, complete a regrade request form and take it to
Randy Hess in 5147 Upson.
The course instructor will contact you regarding your request.