- Brown, D. Sampling from genetic mapping
populations via stochastic optimization: Applications, methods,
and results. Department of Mathematics, Cornell Univ.,
May 3, 1999.
- Chang, C. Interfacing Java to the Virtual Interface
Architecture, ACM SIGPLAN Java Grande Conference, San Francisco, CA, June 12, 1999.
- . Efficient User-Level Networking in Java,
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights,
NY, Mar 17, 1999.
- . AT&T Labs, Florham Part, NJ, Apr 16, 1999.
- . HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA, April 20, 1999.
- . VMWare, Inc., Palo Alto, CA, Apr 22, 1999.
- . Yahoo!, Santa Clara, CA, April 23, 1999.
- . Intel Microcomputer Research Labs, Santa
Clara, CA, April 26, 1999.
- Chen, W. Failure detection and consensus in the
crash-recovery model. 12th International Symposium
on Distributed Computing, Andros, Greece, Sept
- Chu, F. A Decision-Theoretic Approach to
Reliable Message Delivery. The 12th International
Symposium on Distributed Computing, Andros, Greece,
Sept 24, 1998.
- . Least expected cost query optimization: An
exercise in utility. The 18th ACM Symposium on
Principles of Database Systems, Philadelphia, USA, May
- Czajkowski, G. JRes: A resource accounting
interface for Java. ACM Conference on Object Oriented
Languages and Systems (OOPSLA'98), Vancouver, Canada, October 1998
(with T. von Eicken).
- . Resource management for extensible Internet
servers. The Eight ACM SIGOPS European Workshop. Sintra, Portugal, September 1998
(with C-C. Chang, C. Hawblitzel, D. Hu, and T. von Eicken).
- . Resource control for database extensions.
The Fifth USENIX Conference on Object Oriented
Technologies and Systems. San Diego, CA, May 1999
(with T. Mayr, P. Seshadri, and T. von Eicken).
- Glew, N. Type-Safe Linking and Modular
Assembly Language. Given at the Twenty-sixth Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, Jan. 21, 1999.
- Holland-Minkley, A. Generating text from
high-level formal proofs. Second Annual Graduate
Conference of the Northeastern Cognitive Science
Society (NECCS), University of Pennsylvania, April
30-May 1, 1999.
- Kettnaker, V. Bayesian Multi-camera
Surveillance. IEEE CVPR '99, Fort Collins, June 25, 1999.
- Kumar, A. Wavelength conversion in optical
networks. CS Theory Seminar, Cornell University, Nov 23, 1998.
- . A PTAS for planar feedback vertex set. CS
Theory Seminar, Cornell University, Mar 8, 1999.
- Liu, Xiaoming. Building Adaptive Systems Using
Ensemble. Distributed Systems Department, BBN Systems and Technologies Division, Cambridge, MA,
July 24, 1998
- Mayr, T. The Cornell Jaguar system: Adding mobility
to PREDATOR (Demonstration).SIGMOD'99: 580-581(with P. Bonnet, K. Buza, Z. Chen, V. Cheng,
R. Chung, T. Hickey, R. Kennedy, D. Mahashin, I. Oprencak, P. Seshadri, and H.
- Millett, L. Slicing Promela: Issues and applications.
SPIN '98, ENST, Paris, France, Nov 1998.
- . Channel dependence analysis and slicing Promela. International Symposium on Software
Engineering for Parallel and Distributed Systems (PDSE
'99), Los Angeles, California, May 1999.
- Pellacini, F. A framework for realistic image
synthesis. Department of Physics, University of Parma,
Italy, July 3, 1999.
- Wagstaff, K. Clustering noun phrases to
determine co-reference. Second Annual Northeast
Cognitive Science Society (NECSS) Graduate
Conference, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
May 1, 1999.
- Walker, D. Typed Memory Management in a
Calculus of Capabilities. Twenty-sixth Symposium on
Principles of Programming Languages, Jan. 21, 1999.
- Weirich, S. In tensional polymorphism in type
erasure semantics. International Conference on
Functional Programming, Baltimore, MD, Sept 29, 1998.
- . Type Analysis and Typed Compilation.
Computer Science Department, Princeton University, June
- Zdancewic, S. A syntactic account of type
abstraction. Principals of Programming Seminar, Carnegie
Mellon University, Nov 6, 1998.