- The "Software", below, refers to the Ensemble system, developed by
the Horus Project (in either source-code, object-code or executable-code
form), and related documentation, and a "work based on the Software"
means a work based on either the Software, on part of the Software, or
on any derivative work of the Software under copyright law: that is, a
work containing all or a portion of the Ensemble System, either verbatim
or with modifications. Each licensee is addressed as "you" or
- Cornell University, the Hebrew University, and IBM Israel Science
and Technology Ltd. hold copyrights in the Software. The copyright
holder reserves all rights except those expressly granted to licensees,
and U.S. Government license rights.
- Permission is hereby granted to use, copy, modify, and to
redistribute to others. If you distribute a copy or copies of the
Software, or you modify a copy or copies of the Software or any portion
of it, thus forming a work based on the Software, and make and/or
distribute copies of such work, you must meet the following conditions:
- If you make a copy of the Software (modified or verbatim) it must
include the copyright notice and this license.
- You must cause the modified Software to carry prominent notices
stating that you changed specified portions of the Software.
- LICENSEE AGREES THAT THE EXPORT OF GOODS AND/OR TECHNICAL DATA FROM
THE UNITED STATES MAY REQUIRE SOME FORM OF EXPORT CONTROL LICENSE FROM
THE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND THAT FAILURE TO OBTAIN SUCH EXPORT CONTROL
LICENSE MAY RESULT IN CRIMINAL LIABILITY UNDER U.S. LAWS.
- Disclaimer of warranty: Licensor provides the software on an ``as
is'' basis. Licensor does not warrent, guarantee, or make any
representations regarding the use or results of the software with
respect to its correctness, accuracy, reliability or performance. The
entire risk of the use and performance of the software is assumed by
licensee. ALL WARANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
- Lack of maintainance or support services: Licensee understands and
agrees that licensor is under no obligation to provide maintanance,
support or update services, notices of latent defects, or correction of
defects for the software.
- Limitation of liability, indemnification: Even if advised of the
possibility of damages, under no circumstances shall licensor be liable
to licensee or any third party for damages of any character, including,
without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or
special damages, loss of profits, loss of use, loss of goodwill,
computer failure or malfunction. Licensee agrees to indemnify and hold
harmless licensor for any and all liability licensor may incur as a
result of licensee's use of the software.