I am primarily interested in programming languages and systems, and the interaction of the two. Right now I'm looking at how to best compile agents with regard to a security model, as a member of the TACOMA group, along with Greg Morrisett and Fred B. Schneider. Below are links to some things I've done in the past.
Security Policy Enforcement by Program Modifcation
Efficient Code Generation
- Lucid and Efficent Case Analysis and Efficient Multiway Radix Search Trees (two versions of the same paper), with Mukkai Krishnamoorthy and T.V. Raman.
Generic Libraries and Programming
- Implementing the C++ Standard Template Library in Ada 95, with Alexander V. Konstantinou.
- Generic Gram-Schmidt Orthogonalization by Exact Division, with Erich Kaltofen and David Musser.
Object-Oriented Database Query Languages
- Object-Oriented Query Languages, an HTML review of the area from early 1996.
- Object-Oriented Query Optimization, another HTML review from early 1996.
Operating System Kernel Design
- Microkernels, an HTML review of the area from late 1996, with Athanasios Kyparlis.
Interested parties can view the copyright information.