Reading list for CS422/522
I. Problem-Solving Environments
- Edward N. Lorenz, "Deterministic Nonperiodic Flow," Journal of
the Atmospheric Sciences, v. 20, p. 130, 1963.
- E. Gallopoulos, E. Houstis and J. Rice, "Computer as Thinker/Doer:
Problem-Solving Environments for Computational Science,"
Computational Science and Engineering, Summer 1994.
- The first third of
to Statistical Software."
II. Symbolic Computing
- L. N. Trefethen,
Definition of Numerical Analysis."
- Michael Wester, "A
Review of CAS Mathematical Capabilities."
- F. J. Dyson, "Divergence of Perturbation theory in quantum
electrodynamics," Phys. Rev. 85 (1952), pp. 631-632.
- pp. 241-245 from Carrier, Krook, and Pearson, "Functions of
a Complex Variable," McGraw-Hill, 1966.
III. Software Libraries
- Browne, et al.,
Netlib Mathematical Software Repository."
- Front matter to Press, et al., "Numerical Recipes in C", 2nd ed.,
Cambridge University Press, 1992.
- Brian Collins, "Data visualization -- has it all been
seen before?", from R. A. Earnshaw and D. Watson, eds.,
"Animation and Scientific Visualization," Academic Press, 1993.
- Bruce Land, Virtual
Workshop: IBM Data Explorer, Cornell Theory Center, 1997.
- Introduction to Kenneth Falconer, "Fractal Geometry," Wiley, 1990.
V. Parallel Computing
- First chapter of Ian Foster,
Designing and Building
Parallel Programs, Addison-Wesley, 1995.
Matlab on Multiple Processors."
VI. Program Transformations
- Bischof, et al., "Adifor 2.0: Automatic Differentiation of Fortran 77
Computational Science and Engineering, 1996.
VII. Web-based Computing
- Altschul, et al., "Basic Local Alignment Search Tool," Journal
of Molecular Biology 215 (1990), 403-410.
Return to CS 422/522 home page